Sr SQL Server ETL Developer
Req Ref No: RNNJDA908
Location: Basking Ridge, NJ
Duration: 6.0 months
Normally receives general instructions on non-routine or new assignments. Decisions are made independently for most work assignments. One to several tasks are assigned concurrently with direction readily available. Contact is typically informative in nature and involves the exchange of routine or factual technical information. Typically deals with internal contacts but may also have external contact. Demonstrates basic knowledge in job-related functional area and of the business. Bachelors degree, or 7 to 10 years of experience.
Sr SQL Server ETL Developer is responsible for developing various data stream automations using ETL tools like SSIS.
This position will be responsible for getting data from various sources like SQL Server, Teradata, Hadoop/Hive, Oracle, Flat files, Excel, Microsoft Access etc. and loading it into SQL server, Teradata and Hadoop.
Work with business stakeholders to understand business problems
Identify the data sources needed to build BI solutions like interactive dashboards to solve those business problems
Build ETL workflows to automate data and reporting.
Pulling data from various sources including Microsoft SQL Server, Data Cubes (Analysis Service/OLAP), Oracle, Teradata, Hadoop and other
Modeling the data to be presented well in visual dashboard
Automate the ETL workflows and schedule it to run automatically and manage it by exception
Validate data accuracy
Maintain ETL processes on an ongoing basis
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
* 7+ years of experience in working Databases like Microsoft SQL Server
* 5+ years of experience in working on more than one database technologies like Oracle or Teradata
* 5+ years of experience in building ETL processes using Microsoft SSIS and loading data from multiple sources like SQL Server, Teradata, Hadoop/Hive, Oracle, Flat files, Excel, Microsoft Access etc.
* 3+ years of experience in getting data in and out of Hadoop/Hive with expertise in Sqoop, Spark and HQL
* Working understanding of Microsoft VBA
* Experience in Database Administration is a strong plus
* Experience with Google API is a Strong plus
* Supply Chain background is preferred
* Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field
Some off hours/weekend support required
VIVA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants have an equal opportunity for placement, and all employees have an equal opportunity to develop on the job. This means that VIVA will not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.